Video is a powerful digital marketing tool for growing, promoting, and branding your business online.
The number of consumers who are interacting with videos is greater than before, which makes boosting your video marketing strategy more important than ever.
Videos have a way of connecting with an audience in a unique and compelling way. Because of this, they can yield more results such as click-throughs, sales, lead generation, and shares.
If you’re looking to gain more exposure for your brand while maintaining a solid bottom line, video is indeed one of the best marketing elements to focus on.
For today, we’ve put together some statistics that will shed light on the popularity of video marketing:
- If your company uses video, you’ll see 41% more web traffic than those who don’t (SmallBizTrends).
- It is predicted that by 2019, 80% of consumer internet traffic will be video traffic (SmallBizTrends).
- 92% of mobile users end up sharing videos with their friends (RendrFx).
- Putting a video on your landing page is a great thing because it can increase your conversion rates by 80% (Unbounce).
- For the past few years, YouTube has been reporting a steady increase in video consumption. In fact, it has risen 100% each year (Hubspot).
- Here’s a crazy one – did you know that social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined (SmallBizTrends)?
- The average number of people who watch online videos every day is 55% (Digital Information World).
- Facebook garners TONS of video views each day – 8 billion to be exact (Social Media Today).
- A lot of people find product videos to be helpful during the research and decision-making process – 90% to be exact (Hubspot).
- Facebook video posts have a huge reach. In fact, they have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts do (Social Media Today).
- Product videos are especially powerful because 64% of users are more likely to buy the product after watching them (Hubspot).
- If given the choice between reading text and watching a video, 59% of senior executives will choose the video (Digital Information World).
Gaining success with video marketing
Videos are great because they offer a multi-sensory experience for consumers. Product and service videos also allow audience members to make a personal connection with your business.
Now that you know the specific values of utilizing video marketing, here are some ideas designed to help you get started:
- Determine your budget – Resource management is important no matter what digital strategy you’re focusing on, but there’s no point in starting to do video if you’re unsure of how much you can invest. Keep in mind that you don’t have to hire an entire studio. Freelancers and doing-it-yourself are completely viable.
- Use animation – When budgets are tight take to online video making platforms! Choose a platform that will allow you create animated videos as consumers love them.
- Focus on the story – Simple videos are things of the past. Today, people are used to watching interesting stories. To engage users, present a story that’s engaging, creative, and fun.
Video marketing is about having fun and connecting with your audience. If you’d like to take your business videos to the next level, be sure to call the digital marketers at Alphapom today. We love to help small to medium businesses reach their ideal audience.