We’re continuing our discussion of how to easily manage your SEO campaign with the following tips.

SEO Tips

Accept hyperlocal as your best friend.

The tricky part about mobile search is that it’s a little different than people think it is. When your potential customer conducts a search on their mobile device, they end up seeing a top section that’s all ads. Beneath that is a map. Then the organic results begin and the top one is actually the 7th on the list. Weird, we know. To be honest, not many of us scroll all the way to the seventh result on the list, even when on our mobile devices. As a population, we tend to focus on the first few results on that initial page and the research stops there. Some folks may look at the second page but it’s atypical.

Now, before you get upset and throw up the white flag, the good news is that small businesses actually have an advantage over the local competition. Though it seems contradictory, national companies lack the bandwidth to become hyper-local. So as a local business, you have the opportunity to rely on expert-level location targeting. Advantage: you have the local knowledge it takes to stand out in search results, so do it!

Determine what’s really driving the revenue.

Let’s imagine a scenario in which you have the top-ranked ad on Google as well as the top-ranked organic search result for a specific word or phrase. It’s likely that your site has a combined click through rate of approximately 25% (most likely lower). So what can be done to reach the remaining 75%?

The key is learning and using what’s actually driving your revenue.

As you are probably aware, not all keywords are created equal and various searches are at different parts of the marketing funnel. What’s tricky is that Google doesn’t allow you to access the same keyword information it used to, so it’s difficult to tell which ones are leading to conversions.

As you are probably aware, not all keywords are created equal and various searches are at different parts of the marketing funnel. What’s tricky is that Google doesn’t allow you to access the same keyword information it used to, so it’s difficult to tell which ones are leading to conversions.

At this point, PPC is an effective strategy because it allows you to “mine” the results, so to speak, so you can adapt your SEO campaign, adjust landing pages, social marketing, and more. All of these aspects should be working well together anyway, so take the time to make sure they’re focused on the proper portions of the funnel.

To get help managing your search engine optimization, speak with the digital consultants at Alphapom today. We’re a digital marketing company located in Cedar Rapids and we love helping businesses with their SEO and marketing. Set up a meeting with us today. Our experienced team will help you get the traffic you’re looking for while meeting your budget.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other digital marketing topic, please reach out to us at info@alphapom.com

Sign up now to receive Alphapom's Comprehensive Guide to White Hat SEO

Sign up now to receive Alphapom's Comprehensive Guide to White Hat SEO

You have Successfully Subscribed!